- Please bring your medications with you for each office visit.
- If you are on regular prescription medication, you will be required to have an annual visit at a minimum.
- If you have not been seen in a year and have a health care need, you will need a visit.
- If you are on a controlled substance, you will be required to have a visit four times per year.
- Allow 24-48 hours notice for medication refills.
- Check with the pharmacy first to verify that your refill has been completed. We are unable to call patients and tell them we’ve done their refills.
- We expect 24-hours notice for appointment cancellations. If you “late-cancel” and we are unable to fill your appointment time, there will be a charge for this missed appointment (minimum $25).
- If you no-show (miss your appointment without notifying us), and you do so three times, you will be discharged from the practice.
- Insurance referrals can be time consuming and many insurance companies will not allow a referral to be done after the date of service.
- Please allow one week for the office to complete your “in state” insurance referral.
- We no longer do any out of network referrals.
Medicare and Medicare HMO Plans:
- We have a contract with Medicare.
- We are closed to all Medicare Advantage plans.
We take the following insurances:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Maine Community Health Options
- Medicare – We take the R-W-B card as primary. When in doubt, call the office.
If you have other insurance, payment is expected at the time of service. We will provide you with a receipt that you can send to your insurance for reimbursement. If you do not have insurance, payment is expected at time of service.
*At this time we do not accept MaineCare.