- Please bring your medications with you for each office visit.
- If you are on regular prescription medication, you will be required to have an annual visit at a minimum.
- If you have not been seen in a year and have a health care need, you will need a visit.
- Allow 24-48 hours notice for medication refills.
- Check with the pharmacy first to verify that your refill has been completed. We are unable to call patients and tell them we’ve done their refills.
- We expect 24-hours notice for appointment cancellations. If you “late-cancel” and we are unable to fill your appointment time, there will be a charge for this missed appointment (minimum $25).
- If you no-show (miss your appointment without notifying us), and you do this three times in the same calendar year, we may discharge you from the practice.
- Insurance referrals can be time consuming and many insurance companies will not allow a referral to be done after the date of service.
- Please allow one week for the office to complete your “in state” insurance referral.
- If you are going “out of state” for medical services, your referral may take significantly longer, please plan accordingly.
Medicare and Medicare HMO Plans:
- We have a contract with Medicare.
- We do NOT have a contract with all the Medicare HMO plans or the Medicare Secondary insurers. Please call the office if you think you will be changing plans.
We take the following insurances:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Medicare - We do not take all secondary Medicare insurers nor do we take all of the Medicare HMO plans. Please check with our Office Manager.
- Mednet – which includes Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, United Health Care and others.
If you have other insurance, payment is expected at the time of service. We will provide you with a receipt that you can send to your insurance for reimbursement. If you do not have insurance, payment is expected at time of service.
*At this time we do not accept MaineCare.